Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 11, 2014

Coconut Rice and Beans

Don't knock this until you try it.  Unless you add coconut, you won't really taste the coconut.  It adds a nice undertone and compliments the beans and rice nicely.



13.5 Ounces Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Long Grain Brown Rice
15.5 Ounces Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
1 Chopped Red Bell Pepper
2 Tbl Minced Onion
2 Tbl Dried Cilantro

Bring Coconut Milk and Salt to a boil over medium heat.  Stir in rice, cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.

When done, fluff, stir in remaining ingredients.

No comments :

Post a Comment