Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 27, 2014

Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake

After learning how to make Creme Fraiche, I learned how to make Cream Cheese.  It makes over one pound, more than I can eat on English muffins, so I make other things too.  This pound cake, made for my father in law's birthday, is made with orange extract, but you can use any flavor you like.  I use a wooden skewer to test the cake.

1 1/2 Cup Butter
8 Ounces Cream Cheese
3 Cups Sugar
6 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Tsp Orange Extract
3 Cups Cake Flour
1/8 Tsp Salt

Heat oven to 300 Degrees.  Add an oven proof pan filled with two cups hot water.  Grease and flour an angel food cake tube pan.

At medium speed, beat together softened butter and softened cream cheese until creamy.  Gradually add sugar and beat 7 minutes.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating until yellow disappears after each one.  Add orange extract and salt, mix well. Add flour and beat on low speed, just until combined.  Pour into pan and place into oven.  Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Cool on a rack for 15 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.

No comments :

Post a Comment