Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 28, 2015

Peppery Chicken Rub

This has become one of my favorite ways to cook chicken wings, thighs, legs or quarters.  Excellent flavor with a bit of afterburn.  This coats about 3 lbs of chicken.



2 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbl Hot Hungarian Paprika
1 Tsp Allspice
1 Tsp Cayenne
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Mccormick 5 Pepper Blend

Mix all of the above spices in a bowl.   Put chicken in a large bag, add spices, shake to coat.  Add 3 Tbl Olive Oil to the bag, shake again.  Let sit for at least an hour and up to 24.

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Place line a rimmed man with foil.  Place a rack in the pan and place chicken on rack in a single layer.

Bake until nicely browned and crisp and at least 165 degrees - 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Can also be cooked on the grill.

No comments :

Post a Comment