Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 27, 2015

Pork and Potato Meatballs


I had some leftover scalloped potatoes and some ground pork.  Don't ask me why I thought of meatballs, but I am glad I did.  Goes well with peas.  Would work well with Au Gratin Potatoes, as well.

2 Tbl Dry Breadcrumbs
3/4 Cup Diced Scalloped Potatoes
1 Tsp Prepared Mustard of your Choice (I used Horseradish)
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
3/4 Lb Ground Pork
2 Tbl Butter
2 Tbl Flour
1 C Beef Stock
1 Cup Water

Mix breadcrumbs, potatoes, mustard, pepper and pork very well - form into balls.  Heat butter in a heavy skillet, add the meatballs and brown.  Remove meatballs from the pan.

Add beef stock and 2/3 cup water to the pan.  Return the meatballs to the pan, cover and cook on low for 20 minutes.  Remove meatballs to a platter.  Whisk together remaining water and flour, whisk into pan until thickened, pour over the meatballs and serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment