Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 4, 2020

Back to Posting - Peppermint Divinity

Hello!  I have had significant interest from friends asking when I will begin blogging again, so it is time.  My goal is to post at least twice a week.

First post back is Peppermint Divinity.  I had a neighbor who made sea foam candy every Halloween and she was my favorite house to trick or treat at.  Sea Foam and Divinity are related, fluffy candies, and this one is peppermint and was made for a holiday party.

2 Cups Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1/2 Cup Water
2 Egg Whites
1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
1 Cup Peppermint Candy, crushed
Hot Water, just in case.

Put wax paper on a flat surface.  If you have a stand mixer, it makes the process easier.  Start by beating egg whites with an electric mixer to form very stiff peaks - do not under beat.  Set aside.

In a sauce pan, stir sugar, corn syrup, peppermint extract and water until sugar is dissolved.

Add a candy thermometer and cook, swirling pan (not stirring) until mixture is 290 degrees.

Turn mixer on low and SLOWLY pour mixture into egg whites while beating.

Once all syrup is added, turn mixer to medium and beat until stiff.  The candy needs to hold its shape when dropped by a spoon onto wax paper.  If you overtax, you can add a tiny bit hot water to loosen the mixture.

Drop by spoonfuls and top with crushed candy canes.


No comments :

Post a Comment