Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 11, 2020

Pistachio Lime Squares

I had pistachios that needed used and I love lime, so this recipe fit the bill.  I also discovered that you can get graham cracker crumbs in the baking aisle of my local grocery store.  And, if you make the divinity at the same time, you will have two egg yolks that you need to use :)


Crust:
4 Tbl Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
2/3 Cup Shelled Pistachios
1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tbl Grated Lime Zest

Filling:
2 Large Egg Yolks
14 Oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 Cup Fresh Lime Juice


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Line the bottom of an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.  

Add the pistachios to the bowl of a food processor and finely grind.  Add graham cracker crumbs and butter and blend.  Press this mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.  Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.  Cool at least 30 minutes.

Make the filling:  In a large bowl, whist together egg yolks and condensed milk.  Add lime juice and whisk until smooth.  Pour into crust and spread to the edges.

Bake at 350 until set - about 15 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting and serving.


No comments :

Post a Comment