Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Nov 20, 2010

Bread Making Pointers

My favorite website to get bread recipes is cooking bread is cooking bread and can be found by clicking the blog title above.

If you have a recipe that calls for self rising flour but don't have any, you can make your own.  Mix 1 cup of the flour called for (bread, all purpose or cake) with 1 1/4 tsp baking powder.

If you want to make muffins but only have a bread recipe, use the same oven temperature and reduce the baking time to 20 minutes.  If not done, cook another 5 minutes and check again until done.

If you want to make bread but only have a muffin recipe, use the same oven temperature and increase the baking time to 45 minutes.  If toothpick inserted in the center is not clean, check at 5 minute intervals until done.

No comments :

Post a Comment