Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Mar 4, 2011

Carrot Cake

Yesterday, I posted a simple carrot cake recipe.  Really, it is there, scroll to the end of the cheesecake recipe...it is what you do with the other half of the yellow cake batter.  Today, I give you my from scratch carrot cake recipe.  For either cake, I like to use shredded Baby Carrots. 


  2 C Sugar                                                                     2 C Flaked Coconut
  1 1/2 C Vegetable Oil                                                    8 Oz Crushed Pineapple
  3 Eggs                                                                          2 Tsp Cinnamon
  2 Tsp Vanilla                                                                 2 Tsp Baking Soda
  2 1/4 C Flour                                                                 2 C Carrots, Shredded
  1 Tsp Salt                                                                     1 C Walnuts, Chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.  Combine sugar, oil, egg and vanilla.  Blend using a mixer.  Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt - mix well.  Drain pineapple well.  Fold carrots, coconut, pineapple and nuts into batter.  Pour into pan.  Bake until center is clean - approximately 55 minutes.

Frost with cream cheese frosting, if desired.

No comments :

Post a Comment