Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Mar 6, 2011

Vanilla Sugar

Some of my recipes call for vanilla sugar but say nothing of where you can find it.  While the recipes do not require vanilla sugar (you can just use regular granulated sugar), vanilla sugar gives it a richer flavor.  To make vanilla sugar:

Get a 6 to 8 cup container that you can seal.  Put 2 vanilla beans in the bottom and pour sugar on top of them, filling to the top.  Seal and let set for at least 2 weeks.  I keep sugar 'soaking' in vanilla bean goodness all the time.  I periodically ad sugar and add a new bean or replace the old every 6 months.

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment