Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 22, 2013

Hamburger or Hot Dog Rolls

Who needs bun sized hamburgers or hot dogs?  Make the rolls to match what size you need.  This recipe makes 24 rolls.  The nutrition information is for all 6 cups of flour.  If you prefer wheat rolls, replace the all purpose flour with wheat flour.



  2 Cups 1% Milk                                                                       4 1/2 Tsp Yeast
  1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter                                                          2 Tsp Salt
  1/4 Cup Warm Water                                                               3 Cups All Purpose Flour
  1/4 Cup Sugar                                                                          3 Cups Bread Flour

Line 2 pans with non stick foil or silicone mats.  Set aside.
Warm milk and combine with melted butter, warm water and sugar.  When mixture is 110 to 115 degrees, stir in yeast and let sit for about 5 minutes.

Mix in salt and all purpose flour.  Gradually add bread flour until a soft dough forms.  Divide into 24 pieces and form into roll shape - hamburger or hot dog.  Let rise for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees while rising.  Bake for 15 minutes.



When I make these, I prepare the first pan into the shape that I want and start the 20 minute timer at that point.  When done, I bake the first pan.  Once I start the timer,  I start forming the second pan.  That way, the second pan is done rising about the time you are taking the first pan from the oven.  If they raise longer than 20 minutes, it is not an issue. 



Per Serving, for AP and Bread flour: 155 Cal (15% from Fat, 12% from Protein, 73% from Carb); 5 g Protein; 3 g Tot Fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 1 g Mono Fat; 28 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 3 g Sugar; 30 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 207 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment