Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 12, 2013

Mom's Kraut Cake

I have another recipe out here for a cake made with sauerkraut.  I made that one before I went through my mother's recipes - then I found this one.  This cake is quite dense, and you still don't notice the sauerkraut.  If you choose to make the layer cake, double the frosting recipe.



  2/3 Cup Butter                                                               -And Finely Chopped
  1 1/3 Cup Sugar                                                             3 Large Eggs
  2 1/4 Cup Flour                                                              1 Tsp Vanilla
  1 Tsp Baking Powder                                               Cream Cheese Frosting
  1 Tsp Baking Soda                                                         3 Ounce Cream Cheese
  1/2 Cup Cocoa                                                               1/3 Cup Butter
  1 Cup Water                                                                  2 Cup Confectioners Sugar
  2/3 Cup Sauerkraut, Rinsed-Drained                               1 Tsp Vanilla

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in eggs one at a time.  Add vanilla.  Sift dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture alternately with water.  Stir in kraut and turn into greased and floured 9 inch square or round pans  OR 1 9 x 13 pan.   Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (40 - 45 for oblong pan).  Cool completely.  Mix frosting ingredients and put on cake.

No comments :

Post a Comment