Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Sep 21, 2014

Pecan Pumpkin Pancakes - Oatmeal is Optional

We went to a diner for breakfast recently and they had pumpkin pancakes.  Optional pecans were added to mine.  Hubby thought they looked so good he asked me to make them today.  I made the following recipe and, after cooking the first half, stirred in some oatmeal, too (hubby didn't want oatmeal).  Don't like pecans?  Use the oatmeal instead (or walnuts, or coconut, or...)



2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tbl sugar
2 Tbl light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/3 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed (may use canned)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup broken pecans

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugars, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.  In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin, water and oil.  Add to dry ingredients along with pumpkin, whisk.  Whisk in pecans.


Using an ice cream scoop, put onto a hot griddle.

I cooked 4 then added 1 cup oatmeal.

No comments :

Post a Comment