Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Sep 26, 2014

Plum Pie

I purchased plums to make jam.  Then we received more plums with our CSA.  Plums everywhere - more than we could eat with all of the other fruit in the house.  I didn't want them to go bad and I didn't want to make more jam, so I made a pie.  Please note, I did not peel the plums.



1/2 Cup AP Flour
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/3 Cup Chopped Almonds
3 Tbl Butter
5 Cups Plums, Pitted and Sliced
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Cake Flour
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Place crust in 9 inch, deep dish pan.  Brush with butter, sprinkle with sugar and place in refrigerator.

Make streusel topping by combining (in a medium bowl) 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1/4 tsp salt and almonds.  Work in butter with fingers until well combined and crumbly.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.  Stir to combine thoroughly and pour into a prepared pan.  Top with streusel and bake for about 50 minutes until pie is bubbly.

No comments :

Post a Comment