Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 23, 2017

Slow Cooker Garbanzo Bean Stew

You can use dried or canned garbanzo beans for this stew.  If you use dried, soak them overnight (at least 8 hours).  I like to use concentrated vegetable stock - I use the water from the beans to make my stock.  If you use canned stock, save the bean water for adding as necessary as follows:  when cooking, watch the slow cooker to ensure that the water level stays over the top of the stew.  Add hot water or hot broth as necessary to maintain level.



45 Ounces Canned Garbanzo Beans OR 1 Lb Dried Garbanzo Beans
1 Lb Red Skinned Potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
14.5 Ounce Petit Diced Tomatoes
3/4 Cup Chopped Pepper - any color
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 1/2 Tbl Cumin
1/2 Tsp Hot Hungarian Paprika
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
28 Ounces Vegetable Broth

Put all ingredients, in order, in slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours or hight for 4.5 to 5 hours.  Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment