Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Mar 20, 2020

Rustic Tortellini Soup

I was referred to a local Italian foods shop called Penne From Heaven.  I stopped in and found the most wonderful things - including frozen cheese tortellini and fresh hot Italian sausage.  Soup was called for - I needed fresh tortellini, so I put the frozen in the refrigerator over night to thaw.  You can use dried pasta but you will need to add additional liquid to the recipe.



1 Pound Hot Italian Sausage, Casings Removed
1/2 Cup Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Cup Carrot, Finely Chopped
6 Garlic Cloves, Minced
6 Cups Roasted Chicken Stock
14.5 Ounces Petit Diced Tomatoes
1 Tbl Italian Seasoning
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Pkg Tortellini - Your Choice of Filling
6 Ounces Fresh Baby Spinach, Coarsely Chopped
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1/2 Tsp Aleppo Pepper
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan

Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven set on medium heat and brown lightly.  Add onion and carrot, continue cooking until meat is no longer pink.  Add garlic and cook until fragrant.  Stir in stock, tomatoes and Italian seasoning.  Bring to a bil.

Add tortellini, return to a boil.  Cook just until the tortellini loosen, about 5 minutes.  Reduce heat, stir in the spinach and peppers.  Stir until the spinach is wilted and tortellini is tender.  Remove from the heat.  Add the parmesan and serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment