Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Sep 3, 2011

Roasting Eggplant

Roasting eggplant is a wonderful way to have it shine on its own or incorporate it into other dishes.  To Roast Eggplant:

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.

Cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds (peeling is optional).  If using in an application such as lasagna, stop here.  If you are using it in something like risotto, cut into large cubes.

Spray an oven safe pan with oil and put eggplant in the pan.  Sprinkle with seasoning of your choice.  I usually use an Italian blend - oregano, basil, thyme - and some salt and pepper.  Freshly minced garlic is also good.

When the oven is heated, drizzle the pan with olive oil and put into the oven until the eggplant begins to brown - 20 to 30 minutes.

When cooked, you can use it for a multitude of things:

Eggplant rollatini, replace layers of lasagna noodles with eggplant, vegetable risotto, add to homemade hummus....let me know what you use it for.

No comments :

Post a Comment