Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Sep 19, 2011

Zucchini Cornbread

There are two types of cornbread - moist and sweet OR Dry and crumbly.  Some people like both and some have a preference.  While I typically like a moist and sweet kind, this recipe was tasty.  I have to admit, however, that I may tweak it a little more the next time to take it to the moist and sweet level.  Rest assured, if I do, I will share it here.


  1 Cup coarsely chopped zucchini                                            1 Cup all-purpose flour
  1 Cup milk                                                                            2 Tbl white sugar
  2 eggs                                                                                  4 Tsp baking powder
  1/4 Cup vegetable oil                                                             1 Tsp salt
  1 1/4 Cup cornmeal                                                               1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan.  Place the zucchini, milk, onion, eggs, and vegetable oil into a blender, and pulse 5 to 8 times, until thoroughly mixed and the zucchini and onion have been chopped into very small pieces.  Mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Pour the zucchini mixture into the cornmeal mixture, stirring to combine, and gently mix in the Cheddar cheese.  Carefully pour the batter into the hot greased skillet, smooth it out with a spoon, and bake until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes  out clean, about 40 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment