Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Sep 1, 2011

Kobo E-Reader



Last fall, I explored the options for e-readers.  Kobo, Sony, Kindle, Nook - so many options.  I opted for the Kobo Wi-Fi e-reader in lavender.  Not a touch screen, but that was not a priority for me as I would not like having fingerprints where I was trying to read.  Yes, Border's was in trouble, but Kobo is not a Border's product - it is an independent company for which purchasing at Border's was one option.  You can purchase books anywhere that offers the epub or Adobe formats.  This was why I did not opt for a kindle - they use a proprietary format.  Recently, I discovered the Gutenberg Project and downloaded a free book from there. I If you purchase books directly from Kobo, you can just sync them via Wi-Fi or a computer connection.  For the Gutenberg download, I put it on a SD card and put that into my reader.  That was it, done.

I have been very happy with my Kobo.   All I wanted was a reader - not e-mail, not magazines, no bells and whistles.  I have to say, however, that having the built in dictionary is a nice feature.  I used to just guess on the meanings based on context, now I can select the word and get a definition.  I still prefer paper books, but there are times that my e-reader can't be beat.  Doctor's offices, waiting rooms, traffic jams, waiting while Hubby gets a scope - all times that an e-reader is much easier than a book that you have to use a bookmark for.

So no matter what choice is best for you, find a book a lose yourself.




No comments :

Post a Comment