Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 4, 2013

Au Gratin Potatoes with Garlic

These potatoes went well with the ham and asparagus on Easter.  I think I have finally found an Au Gratin recipe I will use again.  I kept out about 1/4 cup of the cheese and put it on top of the casserole.  Makes 8 servings.




  1 1/2 Lb Potatoes                                                                     2 Cups 1% Milk
  1 Tbl Garlic, Minced                                                                1 Tsp Salt
  3 Tbl Salted Butter                                                                   1/8 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
  3 Tbl Cake Flour                                                                      1 1/2 Cups Cheddar, Shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Slice potatoes and boil until soft.  Drain and put in a large bowl.



In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the garlic until fragrant.  Stir in flour.  Add milk, 1/2 cup at a time, and stir until smooth before adding additional milk.   


Whisk in salt, cayenne and cheddar cheese.   


Pour over the potatoes, stir well.   


Pour into a casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.   


Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Per Serving: 251 Cal (47% from Fat, 16% from Protein, 37% from Carb); 10 g Protein; 13 g Tot Fat; 8 g Sat Fat; 4 g Mono Fat; 23 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 4 g Sugar; 259 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 510 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment