Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 17, 2013

Duck Risotto



Hubby takes his time to hunt waterfowl, so the least I can do is cook them.  This time, it was a duck risotto.  I roasted the duck then used it with the risotto.  I added the juices from the roasted duck to my duck stock.  For the wine, I used German Helmet Riesling from Long Trout Winery. 



If you don't have Duck Stock on hand, no problem.  Just find the Classic Roasted Duck and Chicken Stock from More Than Gourmet (http://www.morethangourmet.com/pantry-stock-sauces-gourmet-soups/poultry-based-sauces-a-stocks/roasted-duck-a-chicken-stock).  This product is a concentrated stock that makes 4 cups when reconstituted.  Not a fan of duck?  They have many other options, including venison, beef and others.  They can be purchased mail order or are also carried in various stores.  If you live in central Pennsylvania, they can be purchased at the Kitchen Shoppe in Carlisle - live or via their website.

3 Garlic Cloves - minced
3 Tbl Salted Butter
1.5 Cups Arborio Rice
3/4 Cup White Wine
5 cups Duck Stock
2 cups Peas

Heat duck stock to a simmer in a small pot.


Melt butter in a large pan and saute garlic until fragrant.  Add rice. 

Saute until opaque.

Add wine and cook until absorbed.
Add the stock, about 1 cup at a time (I use a 1 ladle at a time).  Stirring until absorbed. 
Continue to add liquid and stir until rice is cooked to your liking.  Cook the peas while you are adding liquid.  Remove from heat add peas and salt/pepper to taste.


No comments :

Post a Comment