Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 3, 2013

Grilled Roasted Chicken - Step 2 - Jerk Seasoning

The Big Green Egg Roasted chicken started in a bath of Sweet Peach Tea brine.  While it was resting, I mixed the following spices into a Jerk Seasoning.  I mixed everything in a spice grinder (aka - a coffee grinder I purchased as a spice grinder). 

2 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Allspice
2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 Tsp Hot Paprika
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp cumin.

Mix all ingredients in a spice grinder and grind until no large pieces remain.  Put into a spice jar.

Mix 1 Tablespoon of the jerk seasoning with 4 Tablespoons unsalted, room temperature butter.


No comments :

Post a Comment