Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 11, 2013

White Beans and Kale

Kale - another green leafy vegetable I have learned to cook with thanks to my CSA share.  More than that, I actually like it, when cooked properly.  Makes 3 servings and a great lunch.






  2 Tbl Olive Oil                                                                         15 Ounce Navy Beans, Drained And
  2 Cloves Garlic, Minced                                                          -Rinsed
  1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes                                                      3/4 Cup Chicken Stock
  3 Cups Kale                                                                             2 Tbl Pesto

Remove stems from kale, wash and spin dry.  Chop and set aside.

In a large skillet, heat oil.  Add garlic and red pepper flakes and stir until fragrant.   


Add kale.

Saute until slightly wilted (may need to add in two batches).  


Add beans, stock and pesto. 


Stir and cook until heated through.  


Per Serving: 347 Cal (39% from Fat, 20% from Protein, 42% from Carb); 18 g Protein; 16 g Tot Fat; 3 g Sat Fat; 10 g Mono Fat; 38 g Carb; 10 g Fiber; 2 g Sugar; 232 mg Calcium; 5 mg Iron; 1434 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment