Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 18, 2013

Wood Plank Spice Rubbed Salmon

Next up on our egg - wood plank cooking.  I purchased and soaked a cedar wood plank per the package directions.


While it was soaking, I made a spice rub for the salmon.  I mixed together the following:

1 tbl light brown sugar
1 tbl kosher salt
1 tsp ancho chili powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper

Once mixed, I started the grill and put it at about 325 degrees.

I had one large piece of salmon.  I rubbed the spice on the belly of the salmon.




I then let the fish sit while I put the wood plank on the grill for 3 minutes. 

After 3 minutes, the plank was turned and the fish was placed skin side down on the plank. 


The lid was closed and the salmon cooked about 20 minutes - the salmon flaked very easily with a fork.



No comments :

Post a Comment