Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 30, 2013

Ryan and Wood Distilleries, Gloucester

One of the highlights of our trip to Cape Ann was a tour of Ryan and Wood Distilleries in Gloucester.  Our tour guide for the day was Kathy Ryan - one of the owners.  We learned about the history of distilleries, the challenges of setting them up since prohibition, the equipment used and the tracking necessary to remain in business.  We ran into Bob Ryan during our tour and had a great chat about chemistry, scales and general technological challenges in the distilling business.

After the tour, we stopped to taste.  Ryan and Wood makes Whiskey, Rum, Gin and Vodka.  We came home with all of them, as well as with some barrel chunks for smoking.  I have already used the Whiskey to make a beef brisket and BBQ Sauce.  I'll share if I am happy with them.

Go to Gloucester, take the tour.  Not going near Cape Ann?  Go to Massachusetts, find a store that sells Ryan and Wood Spirits.  You will try and like any of them.

Learn more at the Ryan and Wood website - http://ryanandwood.com/.  You will see the photo below, and many more, at their site.


No comments :

Post a Comment