Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 27, 2020

Skyline Chili

If you have never had this, you must try it.  This is the only time I believe that spaghetti and chili go together. Traditional skyline chili also has an optional chopped onion topping, I do not list it as that would put my allergy over the edge.  However, you may feel free to do so.



1 Lb Ground Beef
1/4 Cup Onion, Finely Chopped
2 Cups Beef Stock
8 Oz Tomato Sauce
3 Tbl Chili Powder
2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbl cocoa powder
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Ground Red Pepper
1/4 Tsp Allspice
15 Ounce Kidney Beans

Required for serving:
Shredded Cheddar
Cooked Spaghetti


Brown ground beef and onion, drain.

Add beef stock, simmer 10 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.  Add the beans and heat for another 5 minutes.  Serve over hot spaghetti, top with cheddar.


No comments :

Post a Comment