Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 16, 2020

Stuffed Peppers

During our quarantine, I purchased a large bag of peppers and wanted to ensure they did not go to waste.  Stir fry is only doable so many nights in a row, so I made four stuffed peppers - two for dinner, two for lunch leftovers.  Use any color pepper you like.  I chopped the tops of the peppers and used them in a stir fry the next day.

4 Large Bell Peppers
1 Lb Ground Beef
1/2 Tbl Onion Powder
1 Cup Cooked Rice
1 Cup Shredded Cheese (your choice)
1 Tsp Salt
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
28 Oz Can Tomato Sauce

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut the tops off the peppers.  Stand them up in a Dutch oven, cover with water.  Put on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil.  Cook for 2 minutes once the water boils. 

Meanwhile, cook the beef over medium heat, stirring regularly to break up and brown.  Drain.  Stir in Onion Powder, Rice, Cheese, Salt and 1 Cup Tomato sauce.

Remove peppers from water, drain, stuff.  Place into an ungreased dish large enough to hold all four peppers.  Pour remaining sauce over the peppers.  Cover with foil, bake for 30 minutes.


No comments :

Post a Comment