Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 10, 2011

Beets in Spiced Sauce

I wondered recently if you could do something other than pickle beets, so I tried this.  The sauce really brings out the flavor of the beets.


  2 Tsp Butter                                                                          1/2 Tsp Ginger, Minced Fresh
  2 Cups Beets, Cooked And Diced                                           1 Tsp Brown Sugar
  1 Large Orange                                                                     1/4 Tsp Corn Starch
  Water                                                                                   

Melt butter in pan and toss beets in.  Remove zest from orange then juice orange.  Add enough water to make 1/2 cup.  Mix in ginger, brown sugar and corn starch.  Pour over beets, stir well and cook until just starts to thicken.

No comments :

Post a Comment