Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 13, 2011

Caribbean Stir Fry



Saturday night, my niece found herself with leftover pineapple and peppers.  I told her I was going to make a stir fry with just those ingredients today and, if it turned out well, I would post it on my blog.  Here it is:

I marinated 10 ounces of chicken in KC Masterpiece Caribbean Jerk Marinate (photo above from the KC Masterpiece website).

I then drained a can of water chestnuts and prepped about a cup each of fresh pineapple, spring peas and bell pepper.

In a hot pan, I cooked the chicken in the marinade until done.  I removed it to a bowl and then cooked the peas for a few minutes and then added the remaining vegetables until almost done.  When almost done, I added the pineapple to heat through.  I returned the chicken to the pan and stirred everything together.  I served this with black rice.

No comments :

Post a Comment