Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 5, 2011

Firewire - It's not just for computers any more


 During a recent cooking class, I was introduced to Firewire.  Silly me, I thought it was used for computers.  This Firewire is a flexible wire used for making kebabs.  It works very well, cleans up easily and you don't have to worry about soaking it before use.  ***Update***  The manufacturer notified me that these are made so you can let the loop and/or spike end hang off the grill for ease of turning - the ends don't get hot.  So go get some (I purchased mine at The Kitchen Shoppe in Carlisle) and get grilling - try these kebabs.


  1 Lb Chicken Breast                                       1 Bottle KC Masterpiece Caribbean
  1 Fresh Pineapple                                                Jerk Marinade
  2 Medium Green Pepper                                                         

Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch cubes, put into a lidded container and cover with marinade (about 1/4 bottle).  Marinade for at least 30 minutes.  Meanwhile, cut pineapple and peppers into cubes.
When ready to grill, turn on the grill.  While heating, string the kebabs - 1 piece pepper, 1 piece chicken (against the grain of the meat), 1 piece pineapple - repeat until all chicken is used.  When the grill is 350 degrees, place kebabs on grill and cook for 16 minutes, turning once halfway through.


No comments :

Post a Comment