Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 11, 2011

The kitchen tool you never knew you needed

I never liked using fruit zest.  The pieces always seemed too long a stringy and chopping it was a hassle.  At an event recently, we got a fruit dip that had lemon zest in such large pieces that we had to chew it.  You should not have to chew a marshmallow fruit dip.

My feelings toward zest - the the essential oils and flavors it offered - changed when I learned about micro plane graters.  These tools are fabulous and can be used for zesting citrus fruit, mincing garlic or fresh ginger, grating chocolate - anything you need very small pieces.  I never knew how much I needed one until I had it, now I won't do workout.  I still have a zester for those few times that I want long strips for things like making essential oils or for decorations, but never again for cooking.

No comments :

Post a Comment