Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 22, 2011

The Inside Track to new shoes

In the last year, I have address walking attire and the importance of spending money on proper shoes when walking for fitness.  What I did not realize at that time was the importance to getting professional fittings to ensure you get the proper shoes for your foot type and gait.  I recently replaced my shoes and purchased a half size larger - the actual size that my foot measured - and was rewarded with a HUGE blister in the center bottom of my heel.  Although the shoes were not cheap, I could not take the chance that I would continue getting blisters that would prevent me from walking, so I found myself at Inside Track

It was a great experience - just one look at the bottom of my old shoes told the salesperson that my shoes were pushing my foot out.  I then walked barefoot through the store so he could judge my gait.  14 pairs of shoes later, I had two styles that felt like I was wearing slippers.  I am still in Brooks sneakers, now I am wearing a shoe that is made for my foot and gait type.  So take the time, go to Inside Track (or find a store in your area that offers the same service) and get the right shoe.  You don't want the same issue I have - $100 shoes with less than 40 miles on that you can not use.  Anyone need a pair of Men's 9.5 Brooks GTS sneakers?

No comments :

Post a Comment