Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 23, 2011

Cream of Asparagus Soup

Cooking for two is not my strong suit.  Unfortunately, there are only so many times I can feed my hubby leftovers before he says "Let's go to OIP for pizza."  I am learning how to cook less and/or cook things that freeze well.  This soup is the former - it makes only two servings - but that is partially due to the fact that hubby usually won't eat asparagus.


  1 Tsp Olive Oil                                                                        1/2 Cup Half & Half
  2 Tsp Garlic, Minced                                                               1 Tbl Parmesan
  2 Cups Asparagus, Diced                                                         1/4 Tsp Pepper
  1 Cup Chicken Broth                                                               Salt, To Taste

Heat oil in a 2 quart pot, sweat the garlic.  Add the asparagus and chicken broth and simmer until the asparagus is tender.  Puree with a stick blender OR cool slightly and puree in a blender.  Return to stove, add half and half and Parmesan and reheat, adding salt and pepper to taste.

Per Serving: 176 Cal (53% from Fat, 21% from Protein, 26% from Carb); 10 g Protein; 11 g Tot Fat; 5 g Sat Fat; 4 g Mono Fat;  12 g Carb; 4 g Fiber; 2 g Sugar; 172 mg Calcium; 6 mg Iron; 481 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment