Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 2, 2011

Must Have Cooking Tool - can help with weight loss, too!

Every kitchen should have a kitchen scale.  My personal scale is a Cuisinart Perfect Weight Digital Kitchen Scale, KML - 10.  Originally, I purchased it to help me in my quest for weight loss.  30 grams per serving?  2 ounces per serving?  I had no idea what they were.  Now I find that I use it not only to track portions, I also find that recipes with weights - especially in grams - are easier to work with.  If you have everyone in your home measure a cup of flour, you will get all different weights.  Remember Home Ec?  If your teachers were like mine, you were to pack the cup and level it off with a knife.  Talk to a pastry chef today and they will tell you that you get too much flour that way.

So invest in a good scale, it will find it's way to everyday use.

No comments :

Post a Comment