Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Mar 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I have only recently begun to truly enjoy my Irish Roots.  2011 and 2012 saw us celebrating with the Shamrock Marathon weekend in Virginia Beach.  2011 was after the holiday, but this year the first race day was on St. Patrick's Day, so I was all blinged out (picture at the end).  I like corned beef and cabbage.  Hubby will tolerate it, but I look for alternatives.  Last year, it was Reuben Macaroni and Cheese.  This year, I just made Reuben's.  It is very easy, you just need the following:

2 Slices of Rye bread (swirled or not)
6 ounces of lean corned beef (flat or point cut)
2 slices Swiss cheese
Sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
2 Tbl Thousand Island Dressing
Butter

To make:  Butter the outside of the bread and spread the inside with 1 Tbl Thousand Island Dressing on each piece.  On one piece of the rye, layer the corned beef, sauerkraut then cheese.  Top with the other piece.  Grill the sandwich - it is easiest to use a panini press or similar grill to toast both sides at once.  This sandwich is two servings.

Don't want to make it?  We went to Murphy's Irish Pub in Virginia beach, but they also have locations in Alexandria and Washington D.C.

No comments :

Post a Comment