Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jul 11, 2012

Blueberry Pie

Father's day dinner, while made mostly with recipes shared by my mother in law, ended with a dessert that my father in law always enjoys - blueberry pie.  I had made one at Cristmas and when mom learned that I was making blueberry pie again, she said how much they enjoyed it.  I did. It tell them until later that the Christmas pie was jarred filling with extra blueberries added.   Father's day was from scratch - and here it is.

    1 Pie Crust                  

    6 Cups Blueberries 

    1 Lime                         

    3/4 Cup Sugar.               

    6 Tbl Flour    

    ---Topping---   

    1/2 Cup Flour    

    1/2 Cup Oatmeal
    1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
    6 Tbl Butter
    1/3 Tsp Baking Soda
    1/8 Tsp Salt
     2/3 Tsp Cinnamon
     1/3 Tsp Nutmeg


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.


Line a 9 inch deep dish pie pan with the pie crust.  Set into refrigerator.

Place berries in a bowl.  Zest lime over the blueberries then juice the lime and add the juice to the berries.  Stir in sugar and flour.

 Set aside.


In another bowl, combine topping ingredients (Melt the butter).


Place the berries in the chilled crust and top with the topping mixture.  Bake for 45 minutes or until the topping is browned.


No comments :

Post a Comment