Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jul 27, 2012

Chicken Corn Soup - Dorothy Thomas

Welcome to the newly christened Family Friday's.  I will endeavor to make and share a family recipe each Fraidy.  Hubby remembers his grandmother's chicken corn soup fondly.  I am happy to report that he said I did justice.  I was also happy to say that I learned a little about the grandmother I never met just by looking at the recipe card.  She was very thorough and had a sense of humor at the same time.  The recipe card says 'serves 6 - if you're lucky' - we had 10 servings.

Can use just 3 breasts, but add boullion.  Can substitute 2 cups cooked rice.  1/4 tsp saffron can be added when cooking the chicken.  


    1 Stewing Chicken                   3 Cups Corn

    1 Stalk Celery, With Leaves    2 Cups Noodles

    1 Onion                                    1/8 Tsp Pepper

    2 Tsp Salt                                  2 Tablespoon Parsley

    3 Qts Water                               2 Large Hard Boiled Egg, Chopped


Combine chicken, celery, onion, salt and water.  Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, cook until chicken is done.  Remove chicken to a large pan to cool.  Strain broth and return to pan.  Cut then shred the chicken when cool enough to handle.  Add corn, noodles, pepper, eggs and parsley.  Cook 15 minutes and serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment