Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jul 26, 2012

Corn Fritters

These corn fritters were amazing with the corn that we froze at the end of last summer.  Use an oil that tolerates high heat - I prefer sunflower oil.  For the cheddar blend, I like the Giant brand three cheese blend.  This makes 4 servings.

    1/2 Cup Buttermilk               1/2 Tsp Salt

    1 Large Egg                          1/2 Tsp Cumin

    1/2 Tsp Baking Powder        1.5 Cups Corn

    1/4 Cup Cornmeal                 2 Tbl Chopped Chilies

    1/4 Cup Wheat Flour            1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Blend


Mix Buttermilk, Egg, Baking Powder, Cornmeal, Wheat flour, Salt and Cumin until smooth.  Stir in corn, chilies and cheddar.

 Heat 1/4 inch oil in skillet and cook 2 minutes per side.  Makes 8 fritters.


Per Serving: 214 Cal (33% from Fat, 18% from Protein, 48% from Carb); 10 g Protein; 8 g Tot Fat; 4 g Sat Fat; 3 g Mono Fat; 27

g Carb; 3 g Fiber; 4 g Sugar; 203 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 517 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment