Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jul 19, 2012

Mom's Bread and Butter Pickles

Yesterday's pickles may have too much spice for you, so here is my mother's recipe for bread and butter pickles.

    2 Gal Cucumber, Sliced        1/2 Cup Salt

    1 1/2 Cup Sugar                    2 Tbl Pickling Spices

    3 Qrt Vinegar    


Heat to boiling point, put in jars and seal.



Yes, this is all there is to it.  At least that it was how it was given to me, so I will elaborate.  Cut the pickles in any way you like, that will fit in your jars.  Bread and bitter pickles are typically slices, but do what you wish.  Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.  Put pickles in prepared jars and fill jars with brine from the pan.  Allow 1/2 inch of headspace.  Process for 10 minutes in a water bath canner.

No comments :

Post a Comment