Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Sep 27, 2012

Roasted Cod for Two

I had an abundance of plum and very colorful grape tomatoes from my CSA, so I made this fish dish.  Hubby was astounded and even commented that I was eating tomatoes.  They were cooked....not pureed, but at least cooked.  If you like onion, you can stir it into the tomatoes and eat it with the fish.  That is not for me - I hate how I feel with hives or on antihistamines.  This went quite well with a black and mahogany rice mix (pictured below).



  2 Cups Plum Tomato, Quartered                                              1/4 Tsp Thyme
  1 Small Onion, Quartered                                                        1/2 Tsp kosher salt, divided
  1 Tbl Orange Zest                                                                    Freshly ground pepper, to taste
  1 Medium Orange                                                                    12 Ounce Cod, Boneless, Skinless
  1 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil                                                    

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine tomatoes, orange zest, oil and thyme in a 3-quart baking dish.  Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; stir to combine.  Lay quartered onion on top.  Roast until the tomatoes begin to soften and the onion begins to brown.  Remove from the oven and Increase oven temperature to 450F.

While vegetables cook, brush one side of the fish with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Remove the onion from the pan.  Place fish oiled side down on top of the vegetables and then oil, salt and pepper the other side.  Squeeze orange over everything.  Return pan to the oven and bake until the fish is opaque in the center, about 10 to 12 minutes.   To serve, divide the fish and vegetables among 2 plates.


Per Serving: 298 Cal (25% from Fat, 44% from Protein, 31% from Carb); 33 g Protein; 8 g Tot Fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 5 g Mono Fat; 24 g Carb; 5 g Fiber; 15 g Sugar; 100 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 691 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment