Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Oct 8, 2011

Author Ransom Riggs


Today, I finished reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.  This is a wonderful novel that weaves a wonderful story around old photographs.  The photographs are of extraordinary individuals with amazing abilities - levitation, invisibility, the ability to make fire, etc.  These photographs are used throughout the book with limited manipulation.  To me, in some cases, they look similar to photos that used to be used to advertise circus acts.  The story focuses on a young boy who loses his grandfather and the fantastical changes that occur in his life when he tries to learn more about that grandfather.  While following the trail, he finds that what he thought were stories his grandfather made up were actually true stories of his life.

If you enjoy Sanctuary, you will enjoy this book.  If you enjoy this book, try watching Sanctuary.

No comments :

Post a Comment