Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Oct 11, 2011

Healthy Potato Chip Alternative

Looking for a potato chip alternative?  Neither was I, but then I found myself with Kale and wanted an option other than soup, so I made Kale Chips.  By removing the center rib, you remove the bitterness and they have a very nice taste.  Be careful not to over salt - use less before baking and add more before eating, if necessary.


  1 Bunch Kale                                                                           Salt, To Taste
  3 Tbl Olive Oil                                                                        

Heat oven to 300 degrees.  Wash and dry the kale thoroughly between paper towels.  Remove the thick center rib and cut into pieces and put into a bowl.  Add olive oil and salt and toss to coat.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick foil, layer the kale on top in a single layer.  Bake for about 20 minutes until crispy.  Cool completely and store in a air tight container.

No comments :

Post a Comment