Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Oct 3, 2011

Eggplant Wraps

I was looking for a way to use my eggplant that did not involve sauce and cheese - I have done that to death this year.  I diced it, sauteed it a bit and then roasted it to make these wonderful vegetable wraps.  They can be served hot or cold and make a great lunch.  I packed the wraps and the vegetable mixture seprately and heated/assembled them at the office.  Experiment with other vegetables to add or leave out the wraps and serve as a side dish.


  2.5 Cups Eggplant, Diced                                                       4 Ounce Goat Cheese
  1.5 Cups Red Bell Peppers, Diced                                          1 Cup Fresh Basil, Thinly Sliced
  8 Clove Garlic, Minced                                                          Salt, To Taste
  1/2 Tbl Dried Oregano                                                          Pepper, To Taste
  3 Tbl Olive Oil                                                                      4 Tortillas, 8 Inch

Heat the oven to 400 degrees.  Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a heavy, oven proof skillet.  Add garlic and oregano and cook until fragrant.  Add the eggplant and bell peppers and toss to coat.  Put the skillet in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes until the eggplant is cooked and the volume in the pan is reduced about half.  Remove from the oven and stir in the basil.  Salt and pepper  to taste

Warm the tortillas.  Divide the goat cheese amount the tortillas, top with the eggplant mixture, roll and serve.

No comments :

Post a Comment