Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Nov 3, 2011

New Kitchen Pan (To me, anyway)

Recently, while browsing with Hubby at Michael's, he found a new pan that he had to have.  Have you ever seen the dessert shells that you can purchase at the grocery store, usually in the fruit section?  He found a pan, made by Wilton, that can make homemade dessert shells.






He convinced me by saying that it would be perfect for the Chocolate Bourbon Cupcakes that he made for my birthday.  That was enough to convince me, but I was also making pumpkin sour cream cakes that night and used this pan to make UnRolled Pumpkin Rolls....stay tuned for the recipe.  The pan worked famously.  The only issue I had is that I wished I had a second.  Once you moisten the ingredients of a cake, brownie or other mix that contains leavening (baking soda, baking powder, etc), that leavening is activated and starts to work.  The longer the batter sits, the less raising you will get from said batter.  if your leavening is fresh, you won't see a big difference, but it will be there.  The pan instructions said to let the shells sit for 15 minutes on a cooling rack before removing from the pan and I highly recommend doing so.  I did not take this step with my second batch and they did not come out as nicely.  User error is always a fabulous learning tool. 

No comments :

Post a Comment