Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Mar 13, 2013

Rum and Nutmeg Logs

I received this recipe from a coworker.  I had never actually had any that were baked by the originator of this recipe, but I have heard raves about them for years, so I had to give them a go.  They are fantastic.  Please note - the alcohol does not bake off in the frosting, so 2 tsp of rum flavoring can be used.





  1 Cup Butter, Softened                                                            ___Frosting___
  3/4 Cup White Sugar                                                                3 Tbl Butter
  2 Tsp Vanilla                                                                           2 1/2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
  1 Large Egg                                                                              1/2 Tsp Vanilla
  2 Tsp Rum                                                                               2 Tbl Milk
  3 Cups All Purpose Flour                                                         1/4 Cup Rum
  1 Tsp Nutmeg, Ground                                                           

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream together butter and sugar.  Stir in vanilla, egg, rum and nutmeg.  Mix well and add flour.
Roll into 1/2 inch logs and cut into three inch pieces.  Place on a silicone baking mat or non stick foil and bake 12 to 15 minutes.  Let cool completely.



Frosting:  Cream together Butter, Sugar, Vanilla, Milk and 2 Tbl Rum.  Continue adding rum until desired consistency is reached - I used 4 Tbl total.  Spread over cooled cookies.

No comments :

Post a Comment