Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 20, 2011

Cheddar Dumplings

1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 T mustard
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
2/3 cup milk

Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.  Cut in shortening with a fork until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.  Stir in mustard and cheese.  Add milk and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.  Drop by spoonfuls on top of soup or stew.  Put a lid on the pot and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until done.

No comments :

Post a Comment