Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 4, 2011

4 B's

4 B's - Breakfast, Brunch, Burrito and Bruschetta - not necessarily three things you would put together, but they combine well.


Pick a Tomato - any Tomato - I use Roma.  Dice the tomato and set aside.  I try and have quarter cup of tomato per person.

Pick a Pepper - any pepper will do.  To date, I have used Bell Pepper and Hot Hungarian Pepper.  For Bell, I try and match the amount of pepper to the amount of Tomato.  For hotter varieties, be as brave or as cautious as you like.  I used a tablespoon of Hot Hungarian when I made this.  You can combine them, as well.  Dice the pepper and mix with the tomato.

Top the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste as well as one of the following combinations:

Burrito (bet you thought I forgot) - Cilantro and Cumin to taste

Bruschetta - Basil, Oregano and Thyme to taste.

Put in a hot skillet and cook until peppers just begin to soften.

Beat 2 eggs per person and pour over the vegetable mixture and stir until egg is cooked.

Burrito:  Serve in a warmed Tortilla with cheese, sour cream, or other toppings of your choice.

Bruschetta:  Toast a piece of crusty bread and pour the mixture on top.  Eat with a knife and fork or, for those that don't mind a little mess, pick it up.

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment