Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 23, 2011

Vegetable Slaw

This made a wonderful side dish for the spicy shrimp and peach kebabs we had for dinner.  The tangy flavor of the vinegar was a nice offset for the sweet peach and chili spice on the kebabs.  When I took the lid off of the bowl, Hubby said "This smells like Issac's pickled vegetables"   To make it extra easy, 3 cups cucumbers is three large and I used a half bag of pre-shredded carrots and a half bag of pre-shredded cabbage.


  3 Cups Cucumber, Diced                                                         3/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
  1 1/2 Cups Red Cabbage, Shredded                                         3 Tbl Sugar
  1 1/2 Cups Carrots, Shredded                                                  1 1/2 Tsp Celery Seed

Put prepared vegetables in a colander and allow to drain for an hour and a half.  Put into a bowl.  Stir together remaining ingredients, add to the vegetables and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment