Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 23, 2012

Leftover Chicken? Make Risotto

With just two people to cook for, we had leftover orange spice chicken.  We also had spinach and aroborio rice, so I made risotto.  To make, you need the following (pressure cooker is optional.  If not using, after browning the rice, add the liquid a little at a time, starting with the wine, until all is absorbed).

2 Tbl olive oil
2 Tbl Butter
12 ounces Arborio Rice
1.5 cups chicken stock
.5 cup white wine
2 cups shredded spinach
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
12 ounces cheese (I used mozzarella)
Salt to taste.

Heat olive oil and butter in the bottom of a pressure cooker.  Add the rice and sautee until brown.  Add the stock and wine (if not using wine, use 2 cups of stock). Put the lid on the pressure cooker and cook to the manufacturers directions (mine is 9 minutes).  When cooking time has ended, open the pressure cooker and stir in the spinach, chicken and cheese.  Cook until chicken and spinach are hot and cheese is melted.  Taste and add salt, as necessary.

No comments :

Post a Comment