Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 9, 2012

BE SAFE - BE SEEN

When walking or running outside, always make sure you are being safe.  When you walk when it is dark, as I do often at this time of year, take extra steps to be seen.  Wearing light clothing is not enough.  As seen in this picture below, modeling what one would look like walking into traffic with a car behind you, visibility is almost non existent.  You can see that someone is there, but the camera would not even register enough to take a picture without the background light.

A lot of my walking clothes have small reflective patches, but most of them are less than 1 inch square and, in the instance of those in the center of my back at the top, are covered by my hair.  My winter walking coat has no reflective material and my winter coat has piping, but it is limited.  A flashlight helps, but can often be overpowered by headlights.

Enter the reflective belt, vest or strap.


In this example is the Amphipod reflective Xinglet.  I chose this so I had multiple planes of reflective surface that were not contained on a full vest that could contain heat in the summer.  With fully adjustable waist and shoulder straps made of a stretchy material, it is very comfortable to wear.  Hubby wants just a belt, which Amphipod also offers.  Another option would be a full vest.  Any of these options are available from Amphipod with just reflective material or with LED lights. This particular color also practically glows in pre-dawn and dusk lighting when headlights are not necessarily in use yet.

So walk often and walk safe.

No comments :

Post a Comment