Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 15, 2012

Week 2 - 35.87

This week's trek continues thorough a wooded and very hilly area of Pennsylvania.  Most of the roads traveled wind through various Pennsylvania State Parks and Nature Preservation areas, including Colonel Denning State Park and Cowans Gap State Park.  Pennsylvania has many outdoor recreation areas for hiking, boating, hunting, camping and wildlife preservation.  Their website, http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/index.aspx , offers a searchable index of locations and activities.

At the end of the week, I am at the Fort Littleton Area of Pennsylvania.  This is quite nice as I spent a lot of time there with an Aunt and Uncle when I was little.  Lots of wooded area to run around in and a stream to play in kept me busy the better part of two weeks every year.  It is also near Burnt Cabins, known for it's Grist Mill (photo from the Burnt Cabins Grist Mill website.)

1 comment :

  1. From my brother: Cowans Gap is a great park. If you past through the park and continue to the top of the mountain you will find a "dirt road" that goes to your left. Follow that road the the end and you will find the foundation of where an old fire tower used to stand. It overlooks about 4 mountain ranges. Excellent view on a clear day.

    ReplyDelete